Sunday, October 4, 2009

CONQUERED IN A CAR SEAT, LOOKING STRAIGHT INTO YOU

Strange, isn't it, how she can conquer me so completely by just sitting there beside me?

Everything about her surrounds me, and I surrender completely and unconditionally, accepting whatever terms she offers, and I can only sit there hoping she will glance my way so that I may lose myself in her eyes. I touch her and I am instantly assaulted by a dizzying array of emotions and feelings that I haven't felt in years, and never as powerfully as now, and the effect is physical, chemical- I can feel her creeping throughout my body, leaving me exhausted and off-balance. I have never been as helpless as I am now, and I am a willing hostage- and I make no attempt to hide it. She breeches all my defenses, not with strategies or tactics, but with her fundamental being and her inherent decency.

The landscape moves by outside the windows, but for me the only world that matters is the confined space we share. We may be moving from one place to another but sitting there beside her, touching her, looking into her, she has created a different landscape for me, outside of time, where all I am and all I could be exists for her, on her terms.

I have no illusions. Sometimes hostages are treated gently, and sometimes they suffer harsh punishment. For me it doesn't matter. What matters is that I return to her a fraction of what she has given me.

I sit there beside her, conquered. And I will never be the same again.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment