Friday, December 11, 2009

A WINTERS NIGHT- FILLED WITH WARMTH


The snow falls lightly now, and she sleeps soft and still beside me. I have been awake beside her for hours now, and the steady rhythm of her sleeping fills me with a warmth and contentment that I cannot begin to explain. We have come to this place, each with our own needs, and have created a seperate world where all that we are and could be exists in a hotel suite- and nothing that exists outside intrudes upon our explorations of each other.



We will be leaving this world shortly, and we may not have an opportunity to be together again for quite a while, but this world we have created will travel with me wherever I go, and I will visit it every evening when I gaze out across the night-time waters. She is my queen, my lover, my friend, and she comes to me at the oddest of times- comforting me and showing me what is possible for two people in love. Any road taken from this point on will be difficult, and the final destination is still unclear, but everything we have shared and every moment exists outside of normal time and space, and I find that just visiting this world in my mind gives me a solace that I could never have thought possible.


Everything inside of me glows with the warmth of knowing that I love and am loved by a woman of impossible beauty and grace, and nothing can ever change that. The snow falls gently outside the window, and winter has arrived, but I have never felt warmer. Our time here will end soon, and while this fills me with a bit of a dull ache, I at least know that no matter what, she too will be revisiting this time and place in her mind, and she will smile.


I love her with all my heart, and I will always be here for her, as her friend, as her lover, as her confidante, as whatever she wants or needs me to be. It is a bit strange in that that which is given and that which is taken balances out between us, and both of us fill the empty spaces that all of us carry around to some extent.


Who knows where we go from here, and while all roads moving forward may be filled with pain or suffering, there is one road back that leads to this time and place, where she and I shared a room on a wintry Canadian evening, and the world was filled with warmth and promise- and every time I see a snowfall outside my window I will think of her and be fulfilled.









No comments:

Post a Comment