Sunday, October 10, 2010

THE PERSISTENCE OF VISION


I have a vision, have had it for a while now. Sometimes the vision becomes cloudy, and sometimes dark clouds or stormy weather will obscure it, but it always comes back into view, untarnished and as bright, if not brighter, than it was before.


My vision is inspired and fueled by the angel I prayed for, but never thought existed. She greets me in the ether, she haunts my every waking moment, and I get far too little time with her, but the time we do get together is frozen and etched upon my memory, each and every little moment, and I am ennobled by her love and affection.

The images contained within this post can't begin to do justice to her grace and ethereal beauty, but they represent an ideal of her. She is my sprite, my muse, my angel. She is the light that guides me through the darkest of moments, and she radiates magic and wonder from her very being.

A year ago I made a promise to her, that I would go with her and be hers for all time. Well, reality has a way of intruding upon the sweetest of dreams, but nothing has changed. The promise remains, it will just take a little longer to become a reality. But in the waiting, the reality will become so much more magical. And it is magic, pure and simple.

You see we all want to live in fairy tales, even the most cynical of us. We may deny it to others, or even try to deny it to ourselves, but inside each of us exists the longing for a soulmate, an other to complement and complete us, and make us better than we are by ourselves. And my love more than completes me- she fills me and makes me closer to the ideal that I wish I was.


Yes I have a vision, and it drives me and fuels me and I will do anything to achieve it. It is a vision of love and respect and warmth and passion, none of which would exist for me without her. To share my life and myself with a woman so complete and wonderful is something that I would wait an eternity for if I had to.

The vision persists, through the passing of time, through moments of darkness, through unseen or unknown challenges, the vision persists.

And the promise will never go unfulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment