Tuesday, March 2, 2010

THE MYSTERY CONTINUES

And tonight again, she sleeps- hopefully.

We are not together this time, but she still haunts me and surrounds me from across the distance. I lie here, miles away, and I can feel her essence within and without, and my heart weighs heavy for her and the things she is going through.

She has taken the leap from the known to the unknown, and she has done it with a dignity and resolve that put almost everyone to shame. Most people yearn for things, yet do little to achieve their desires, afraid of the unknown. Yet she took stock of her life and her situation, didn't like what she found there, and chose to do something about it.

God I hope she is sleeping right now, she has earned it.

Every night the stars come out. In different times they were thought to represent gods, lovers, legends- either placed in the heavens to look down upon us, or residing there by choice. I know the stars have been there forever, and will be there long after I am gone, and that they shine down on us indifferently. But tonight, while she sleeps, I like to think they are looking down upon her and smiling, and saving a spot for her.

She was a mystery to me when I first met her, she remains a mystery to me now- a wonderous, beautiful enigma that I never want to solve. I ache for her in ways that defy description or logic, and she constantly reminds me that there is magic in this world. It is in her eyes, in her sex, in her being, and she doesn't even realize it.

She sleeps tonight, alone. But maybe for the first time in a while she sleeps free, and as herself. The world that awaits her is going to be the world that she creates for herself, not one created for her. Given her grace, warmth, tenderness, and humanity, I can only imagine what a wonderous world it will be, and I so much pray that she will invite me into her new world to stroll through her gardens with her, hand in hand.

The stars look down, tonight and every night, and even they are moved by her.

Sleep well my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment